יום שלישי, 2 בנובמבר 2010

Batia Eisenwasser-Jancourt - Studio

Work starts at 10 (usually). Next to my workshop, in her studio, Batia begins her day.

preparing the materials
The aroma of my coffee disintigrates with the fumes of the terpentine and paint. I am asked to lower  the music. Batia hates any noise while she works! Music is noise!!
She sits for a while  in her barber's think chair, studying the unfinished painting on the wall.

Batia's "think" chair, in the studio, next to the French Godin stove

Then, the only sound hear, is that of the brushes on the canvas and in the jars mixing the paint.
I am always amazed at the result. I stopped painting, after we met! Until then I had great potential!


 canvas on the wall - work in progress

My " job":  building the  the wood stretchers and helping Batia to stretch the canvas. We do this after the work is finished and off the wall.





I like the stage when the canvas on the wall is finally put on the wood stretcher.
It then, for me, becomes a painting.



I enjoy being in the studio. The painted images around begin to speak.



If you're interested to see more, enter Batia's site.



אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה