יום שלישי, 2 בנובמבר 2010

Claude's workshop

Hi, I am Claude. Welcome to my workshop. I call it my therapy room.

Therapy room
I " work " a few hours a day, between meals, fixing vintage lamps, old telephones and antique radios.
I left the Technion (Flight Control Lab of the Aeronautics Dept.) twelve years ago.
I was playing with flight simulators and  pilot helmets for 20 years. I had a fabulous time.
After studying basic carpentry and restoration techniques, I opened this workshop,
next to my wife's Art studio in the Artists' Village of Ein-Hod.


at work on an old Templar cabinet




I enjoy  feeling the potential of an old broken piece and  bringing it back to its former glamor.
We travel with a van, through small country villages in Canada, (mostly Quebec and Ontario) and collect. We meet and experience wonderful people and places.  
On each return, I have new work for a few months, restoring these found treasures.

waiting in line in front of the workshop
Furniture pieces stand in line quietly in front of the workshop entrance, waiting their turn.
No rush. No one is pushing! Seniors First.
What goes in...
old oak Canadian chest of draws
goes out... after an intensive care session.


You are welcome to come and visit. Bring your stories, but phone first, (050 5319266) to be sure I am here. Sometimes I feel fine and do not need my therapy!
Please visit our site.
Claude





















אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה